<empty> home contact us site map <empty>
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
<empty> what is OCD? young people with OCD getting help for OCD getting better from OCD OCD resources
sub menu:
arrow News
arrow Books
arrow Books on OCD and adults
arrow Websites
arrow Journal articles
arrow NICE Guidelines
arrow Gallery & Archive
arrow How to get help

How to get help (UK only)

Firstly, contact your General Practitioner (GP) who may be able to help. Some GPs even have a special interest in mental health and may have therapists who visit their surgery. If necessary your GP will refer you to your local child and adolescent mental health service (CAMHS) or community mental health team (CMHT) - every part of the UK has one.

You can also contact NHS Direct Online by clicking here or by telephoning 0845 46 47 twenty four hours a day. The person answering your call will be able to give you advice and help in placing you in touch with your local mental health service. You could also look at Youth In Mind – a website specifically for young people experiencing all sorts of mental health problems.

Child and adolescent mental health services and community mental health teams will have some expertise in treating OCD, but may, particularly in complex cases refer on to even more specialist (tertiary) centres in large teaching hospitals.

acknowledgements copyright & disclaimer
top of page
© South London and Maudsley NHS Trust 2004 - All Rights Reserved
south london and maudsley nhs trust